(Psst: The FTC wants me to remind you that this website contains affiliate links. That means if you make a purchase from a link you click on, I might receive a small commission. This does not increase the price you’ll pay for that item nor does it decrease the awesomeness of the item. ~ Daisy)
By the author of An Arm and a Leg and The Prepper’s Guide to Post-Disaster Communications.
There’s something to be said for listening to people who have “been there, done that.” If you want to learn what it takes to be a great scientist, you read the works of great scientists, right? You study up on what Albert Einstein, Louis Pasteur, and Newton had to say. If you want to learn what it takes to be a great parent, you spend time sitting and talking with your parents, grandparents, and those around you that you’ve personally watched raise their children well.
Why can’t we apply the same principle to money? If we want to learn how to live your life in a world filled with money, why not look at what those who had a heck of a lot of it to see what they had to say about the subject?
38 quotes about money
I think that if we do, we’ll find there are a number of gems that we can discover. Here are 38 inspirational quotes on money that may give you the added push you need to tackle your budget, start investing, change your money mindset, or reign in your spending.
- Money is the best deodorant. – Elizabeth Taylor
- The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your back pocket. – Will Rogers
- Money is a terrible master but an excellent servant – P.T. Barnum
- I started Dell with $1000 dollars. Now it’s a billion dollar company. Impossible is nothing. – Michael Dell
- Don’t stay in bed unless you can make money in bed. – George Burns
- Never stand begging for that which you have the power to earn. – Cervantes
- Earn with your mind, not your time. – Naval Ravikant
- Rich people focus on opportunities. Poor people focus on obstacles. – T. Harv Eker
- It’s not your salary that makes you rich, it’s your spending habits. – Charles A. Jaffe
- If you cannot control your emotions, you cannot control your money. – Warren Buffet
- Many folks think they aren’t good at earning money, when what they don’t know is how to use it. – Frank A. Clark
- Trade money for time, not time for money. You’re going to run out of time first. – Naval Ravikant
- Money is 80% behavior, 20% head knowledge. It’s what you do, not what you know. – Dave Ramsey
- Money moves from those who do not manage it to those who do. – Dave Ramsey
- There is nothing wrong with possessing riches. The wrong comes from riches possessing [people]. – Billy Graham
- Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune. – Jim Rohn
- Money is numbers and numbers never end. If it takes money to be happy, your search for happiness will never end. – Bob Marley
- If you want to know what a man is really like, take notice of how he acts when he loses money. – Simone Weil
- A wise person should have money in their head, but not in their heart. – Jonathan Swift
- Money often costs too much. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor. – Seneca
- How many millionaires do you know who have become wealthy by investing in savings accounts? I rest my case. – Robert G. Allen
- I made my money the old-fashioned way. I was very nice to a wealthy relative right before he died. – Malcolm Forbes
- Every time you borrow money, you’re robbing your future self. – Nathan W. Morris
- Never spend your money before you have it. – Thomas Jefferson
- Money has no grey areas. You either make it or you lose it. – Kevin O’ Leary
- My formula for success is rise early, work late, and strike oil. – J. Paul Getty
- Fortune sides with him who dares. – Virgil
- The rich invest their money and spend what is left; the poor spend their money and invest what is left. – Jim Rohn
- If your goal is to be comfortable, chances are you’ll never get rich. But if your goal is to be rich, chances are you’ll end up mighty comfortable. – T. Harv Eker
- Rich people act in spite of fear. Poor people let fear stop them. – T. Harv Eker
- If you don’t find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die. – Warren Buffet
- If you don’t get serious about your money you will never have serious money. – Grant Cardone
- The more you learn, the more you earn. – Warren Buffet
- Be your money’s master, not its slave. – Publilius Syrus
- It does not take money to make money. – Robert Kiyosaki
- Money doesn’t change people. It unmasks them. – Unknown
- The money you have gives you freedom; the money you pursue enslaves you. – Rousseau
There is a lot we can learn about money if we will just listen.
What are your thoughts on the quotes above? Are there other quotes on money that you particularly like? Which of the above were your favorite and why? Let us know what you’re thinking in the comment section below.
Aden Tate is a regular contributor to TheOrganicPrepper.com and TheFrugalite.com. Aden runs a micro-farm where he raises dairy goats, a pig, honeybees, meat chickens, laying chickens, tomatoes, mushrooms, and greens. Aden has four published books, The Faithful Prepper, An Arm and a Leg, The Prepper’s Guide to Post-Disaster Communications, and Zombie Choices. You can find his podcast The Last American on Preppers’ Broadcasting Network.
3 thoughts on “38 Quotes About Money from People with a LOT of It”
“EVERY fiat currency since the Romans first began the practice in the first century has ended in devaluation and eventual collapse, of not only the currency, but of the economy that housed the fiat currency as well.” by Nick Jones, author of this article:
“The borrower is slave to the lender”. Numerous repetitions in the Bible. Dave Ramsey
Graham’s son obviously didn’t listen to his father. I have an example of the inability to control emotion and inability to control money. I expect them to have to move soon (if they don’t up and leave in the middle of the night that is).